What’s new this year?
- New Speech Schedule: All prelims, Quarterfinals, and Semifinals will be finished Saturday night. Sunday will be a parade of final rounds all day.
- Changed Speech Event Patterns:
Pattern A: EXT, OO, IMP, DUO, POI. Pattern B: INFO, DI, HI, PRO, POE
- New Conflict Patterns: Pattern A speech events, Policy Debate and Worlds happen simultaneously. Pattern B speech events, Public Forum, and Lincoln-Douglas are grouped together.
- Policy/Worlds students may only enter Pattern B speech events. PF/LD students may only enter Pattern A speech events.
- Missing an elim ballot you are obligated for is now a $100 fine
- Increased fees to hire judges. They were too low, and finding hired judging in Tempe on our weekend is tough.
- No novice speech events. Interest wasn’t large enough to maintain separate events, so the experiment is over.